Installing Xapian on OSX with Python Bindings
I needed to install Xapian for a Django project I was working on for work the other day. I searched the internet for installation instructions I couldn't find anything that was as straight forward and to the to point, so I decided to keep install notes and share them so I would have them for next time I needed them and so hopefully someone doing a search would be able to find them.
1. Install Xapian.
The easiest way to install Xapian is to use Homebrew. Homebrew is a package manager for UNIX/Linux applications and so far is the best one I've found for OSX. There are installation instructions on how to install Homebrew if you haven't installed it already.
$ brew install xapian
Find out what version it installed so you no what bindings you'll need.
$ brew info xapian
2. Compile the bindings
Download the bindings you need that match the version of Xapian you installed in the first step.
If you're using virtualenv then make sure you activate your virtual environment before compiling the bindings.
$ tar -zxvf xapian-bindings-x.x.x.tar.gz $ cd xapian-bindings-x.x.x $ ./configure --with-python $ make $ make install
Related tags: Django, python
- Wireless Weather Station with Sun / Moon and Advanced Forecast Icon WS-9611U-IT by La Crosse Technology - Tomorrow's Weather Today
- Five tips for cleaning and speeding up your Mac | How To - CNET
- Smith House Toy and Auction Company - Catalog Lot 232 - Smith House Toy and Auction Company
- Apple iOS 7: Everything You Need to Know
- Podio - YouTube
- The Always Up-to-Date Guide to Managing Your Facebook Privacy